Water Activated Tape Dispensers – what are the choices?
Water activated tape is environmentally friendly and makes pilfer proof packaging, which is why people love it. What dispenser suits you will depend on your volumes and whether you require pre-set lengths, and what variability you require in your lengths.
Why choose Water Activated Tape compared to standard packaging tape?
There are three main benefits to using Water Activated Tape:
- Firstly, it is an environmentally friendly tape as it is made of paper and uses a starch-based adhesive.
- Secondly, when the water activated tape is applied to the carton, as it dries it adheres to the actual fibres of the carton – which means it can’t be lifted without tearing and goods can't be pilferred without leaving evidence. Ultimately making it a secure form of tape too.
- Lastly, as it is dispensed using a water activated tape dispenser (as opposed to a taping gun) the tape is dispensed as a single length of dampened tape, making it quick and simple to apply.
Which Dispenser should I choose?
Manual Desk Top Gummed (water activated) Tape Dispenser 2-WA-D-480
The most economical. It suits tape up to 85mm width and features include a fine tooth blade, plastic water resevoir, fabric covered roller, and rubber feet. You use it much the same as a regular desk top take dispenser by pulling on the tape, which wets the tape ready for application.
Manual Water Activated Tape Dispenser 2-WA-D-BP222
Simple to use, at the push of a button a length of 25cm tape is wet and dispensed. If you want a longer length you simply depress the button to get the desired length. To cut the tape another button is easily depressed. No power required and simple to use.
Manual Water Activated Tape Dispenser 2-WA-D-BP333
With this one the user can choose from a range of 15 pre-set lengths. After the dispenser bottle has been filled with water, simply pull the lever to dispense and cut the single length of ready to use water activated tape. No power required and simple to use.
Electronic Water Activated Tape Dispenser 2-WA-D-555EFACM
Put all of the above together, tweak it a little, automate it and you have the best of all dispensers. Best for high volume tape applications and does require power. Super quick and easy to use. Features include
- 14 colour coded keys for pre-set lengths from 15-145cm
- An automatic setting which will deliver the next length of tape when the previous length has been removed
- Dispenses tape at a speed of 114cm per second
For more information on any of the dispensers, to purchase or to view videos please click on any of the links.